Monday, May 27, 2013

My Friend's Skirt

Once again I decided to do the Project Sewn sew-along.
And this week we were to create our signature looks.

Well, I really have no idea my signature look, it seems as though it's ever changing. And after some recent weight loss, I feel as though I am starting over figuring out what looks good on my body and what still doesn't. I'll get there eventually, but for now I just don't know.

So for the signature style I chose to make something for one of my friends, of whom I adore her style. She is one of the sweetest people, and she has this great style that seems so effortless. Of course her being gorgeous helps too. ;)

Well, her birthday was coming up, and I wanted to make something for her. I found this great tutorial for a pinwheel skirt over at Elle Apparel. Yes I know its a post from August 17, 2010, and I am WAY behind the times, but its such an adorable skirt. And I thought it was definitely her style.

So after showing her pictures, she agreed, and I got started. It came together super quick and easy....if you don't count the fact that I put in a zipper that was broken and so I had to take it out and put in a new one!! (Yes my brilliance shines through sometimes!)  :)
Other than that, I think it turned out great!!

 
If you notice, the front is slightly shorter than the back.

 
Its simple, yet unique.

 
The back also has some pleats. And I carried the lace trim around the back too.
 

I really like how it turned out. And if you liked it too, head on over HERE and vote for me on Friday!! Thanks for stopping by.
 

Until next time...






 

6 comments: