Thursday, May 23, 2013

80's Inspired week

I've been in a 'sewing blah' lately, but having a theme to sew for, and having to sew it for me has been rejuvenating! Thanks for letting me sew-along!! Here is my 80's inspired top....


Have I mentioned I really hate having my picture taken!! Ugg! Anyways...back to the subject!

When I saw that it was 80's inspired week, I searched to make sure the styles I instantly thought of were in fact 80's. I found these, but I couldn't see myself wearing anything like these on a daily basis.

So I went to the first place I thought of for patterns....my Mom's!! She rocks! She has tons of awesome patterns that she lets me borrow, and when I say lots, I mean lots of patterns. She has 2 of these bins (see below), a file cabinet and a dresser full.


Best of all, she has some that range from the 50s to today! So it made it really hard!!


Most of the patterns I loved and wanted to make were these, from the 70's. Maybe another time...


Then I saw this gem!! Doesn't it scream 80's?? So then it was on to the fabric. Remember forever ago when my Mom gave me all that fabric....


These screamed 80's, which I am pretty sure I can remember something for me or my brothers made out of all these from the 80's.  :)


But then these were more what I would wear.


I decided on this, it's light and airy, great for summer!!


Of course I didn't start sewing it until Thursday, but this is how it turned out..


Very comfy.


I also added a sash, but I think I will most likely where it without. :)


Love the button details! 


So head over to HERE and vote for me (Fri-Sun.), or your favorite 80's look. :)


Until next time...


2 comments: