Monday, May 20, 2013

A Chevron Sundress

This past Saturday was a stormy day with lots of rain and wind. My kids were playing relatively 'good', and the husband was taking a nap. (He had ran a 5K earlier in the AM and did awesome!)
 
I decided to use that time to make this cute little sundress for Lucy using more of the knits I got from Girl Charlee. I loved that watermelon color and thought it would be perfect for summer.
 
I bought 1 yd of it and lucked out because I found some bias tape that matched almost perfectly too. I used the bodice from my favorite dress pattern for Lucy, shortened it a bit, and left out the sleeves. I added bias tape around the arm opening, to give it a finished look. I also did around the waist too. I did a simple gathered skirt for the bottom, put in a zipper, hemmed it and done. It went together really quick. (I was only interrupted 2 times in the course of making it!! Wahoo!!)
 

 
I tried taking some pictures Sunday but the weather wasn't very good in the AM.
 
 
But she still wanted a picture outside, even with the wind and rain.
 
 
Isn't that a determined, almost defiant little face!! :)

 
 

 
Later in the afternoon I was able to get this picture, but by then the novelty if the new dress had worn off and she just wanted to play!! But I would rather play, than get my picture taken too!!
 
 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment