Thursday, June 13, 2013

Newborn Romper

So this past week I got the chance to hold this absolutely adorable little girl.



Even my kids joined in the baby loving!!

 
 


 
That's big sister in the picture too! 

Anyways, my sister-in-law mentioned that she didn't have any newborn clothes. (Big sister wasn't this early or this small) So I got thinking...and that usually means trouble....but I had an itch to try to make something! I decided on a romper. I still have some of that green-ish chevron left so that's what I used. 
(Yes I know I have now shown you 3 things I made out of it, and yes I still have 1/2 yd left. I promise I only bought 3 yds and the last 1/2 yd is pajama pants so I promise this is the last you will see of it. Maybe!! Mwaa-haha! ;))
Anywho back to the romper. I had it all figured out in my head. However I had no idea on sizing for a newborn. I picked up a onesie from the store to use as a guide. I quickly made my pattern and got started. I even did my version of shearing or rouge-ing for the first time! Yea me! (Not sure what I actually did, or what it's even called, but I like how it turned out.) 
So here it is...


Hopefully when she wears it, it will have the blousy look on top. At least that's what I was going for. :)


I know your not looking at it, but my Mom's backyard is gorgeous!! She rocks!!


Here is the back of it. I got worried the the head hole was too small so I did like a small keyhole that snapped shut, giving more room for her head! It also has snaps at the crotch for my brother to have easy diaper changing access. :)

It's not perfect but I give it an "E" for effort, and an "A" trying new things!! 
Thanks for stopping by!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment