Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Pleated Maxi Dress

Remember the skirt I made last week...the maxi skirt, with the plain colored inserts? Well, I had fabric left over from that and decided to make Lucy another dress for summer. She was excited. Then I remembered a post on my friends blog about pleating and hand sewing or something. I am NOT good at sewing by hand!! So..I decided to give it a try.
 
I found the post HERE. I did mine just a little bit different, I did it on a scrap piece of fabric and then sewed (is that a word) it onto the bodice. The dress is about the same as the pink chevron one, only no bias tape. Well, here it is, please be nice, I am really not good at sewing by hand!!
 
 
 
 
Don't worry that it doesn't look perfect, she doesn't care. If it looks like there is glitter on it, there is, the material has glitter on one side and plain on the other. (I used the non glittery side for mine!!) On the tutorial she did it everyone other square, however I ended up doing every square...just for fun!!

 
Ta-dah!!

 
My little poser.

 
I really like how it turned out. Most of all she does too. Thanks for stopping by.
 
 
Until next time....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment