Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day

Dad's are super special for many reasons!! We like to remind our Dad how much we love him with a present or two, but most of all, with FOOD! Partly because I like to cook, and partly cause Dad likes to eat!! It's a win, Win!! Last year we did tie shaped sugar cookies.
 


 
I searched and searched for a tie shaped cookie cutter, but ran out of time and ordered some from a local bakery! Although I would have loved to make them myself, he ate them just the same! :)
I also like to check out the other cute stuff to make...like these....
 
 
Little Hamburgers
(Almost too cute to eat....ALMOST.)

 
Cupcake Lawnmowers

 
BBQ Cupcakes
(I showed these to my husband and he wasn't even impressed. I say kudos for imagination!!)

This year we are going standard,
 

 
BBQ Country Ribs, a few sides, and my husband favorite...
 
 
Eclair Cake!!
 
But then if you are like me you know what to get your husband, but what about your Dad and your Father-in-law....AAAHHHH! This year my friend (Corina) made it super simple. She was selling these great vinyl sayings...
 
 
I put it on a jar and filled it with all their favorite treats.
 

Perfect!
 

 
Everything my Father-in-law likes....Check!!


 
And everything Papa likes (that's what my kids call my Dad)....Check!!
 
Hope everyone has a Happy Father's Day! Thanks for stopping by!
 
Until next time... 
 






2 comments: