Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tips and tidbits to help you out...

First of all...Happy New Year 2013!! Yea! This year I decided I need to be a little bit more organized here on the blog, so I have decided to try and do at least one post a week. Most likely it will be on Wednesdays. So check back each week!!
So I love getting helpful tips that just make sewing more simple. My Mom took a class when she was in college at Dixie. It was called Speed Sewing. It basically taught you all those little tricks that make sewing easier and more successful. I have taken a few of those "tips and tidbits" that she learned and I am passing them on to you over the next few weeks. Please let me know if you have any questions or sewing items you would like some tips on, I am sure she'll have some, and be happy to share. :)

First tip is to invest in a great dress pattern that you love, and fits your child or yourself nicely. Whether it's one you made up yourself, or one you bought, it's a great thing to have on hand. For me, or rather Lucy, it's a pattern by simplicity 2688.
 
 
And I got it at Walmart for like $3.
 
It is very versatile. It can have sleeves, or be sleeveless. It's easy to adjust the length of the bodice if I chose a empire waist, I simply fold it under, then if I want a lower waist, I add to it. If you like the bodice, you can put any kind of skirt on it, changing the look of the dress entirely.
 
These dresses are all made from the same pattern bodice, but all have different skirts or sleeves.
 
 
 
 

 


Until next time....
 

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented Shayna. I am in love with the last dress. Maybe you'll inspire me to start sewing again.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie. That's my favorite too. I hope you do start sewing again, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete