Thursday, July 5, 2012

Treasures in the Basement...

Hoe you all had a good 4th of July!! I know I did!


So remember those black gigantic garbage bags...


well, they are full of wonderful treasure from my Mom.


70 1/2 pounds of fabric she has had stored in her basement!! Some of it are remnants leftover from clothing she had made for me and my brothers growing up, its was like a walk down memory lane seeing it all!!
Others are yds. of great fabric (denim, corduroy, jersey knit, knit, and much much more) she had gotten for a good deal and never had the chance to use. You can definitely see where my love for fabric comes from...(and the need to have it all to myself!) ;)

Here are just some of my favorites..







And just about every color you can think of in denim and corduroy!! It was so neat to look at the fabric and see remnants of dresses or clothes my Mom had made for us or herself then once they were outgrown she cut them up and made something for someone else!! Talk about $$$ saver! It made me really appreciate clothing and fabric more! It can have so many lives as so many different things! It wasn't just discard when outgrown! I decided I am going to really make the effort to think, should this really be discarded, or can it be reused somehow!!


Any who..... Isn't my Mom the best...I think so! Not just for all this, but like a bazillion other things too!! Look for some super fun projects from all this material to come!!

Until next time...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment