Sunday, July 29, 2012

Barbie Bathing Suits

So several weeks ago, my Mom, who is amazing, gave me all my barbies I had when I was a kid. After washing them in the dishwasher, and combing their hair, I gave them to my daughter to have fun with, but then I found myself with a problem!!

And I can't be the only one with this problem....

NAKED BARBIES.

I don't know whether its just to hard for my daughter to get the barbie clothes on them, or if she just likes changing their clothes a lot, or maybe even both! Either way THIS is how her barbies usually look. (Warning: Due to the graphic nature of this picture, I had to cover most of it!! hee hee)


So my solution...I went to Walmart, bought these bottles of nail polish.


They were the cheapest well covering nail polish I could find! (under a $1) It takes more nail polish than you think!! And you have to make sure it covers well, some look great, but would take a hundred coats! 
Then you paint whatever version of a swimsuit you choose. Mine was just a easy no strap version, but you can do whatever you want.


Here is a tip....If you put the arms and legs just right, they stay up by themselves, and you can move onto the next one sooner!


Ta-Dah!! The solution to naked barbies!! They honestly don't take long, dry relatively quick, and she cant take them off! She really loves them, and they have lots of pool parties! 
Good luck, and happy painting!


Until next time....

2 comments: