Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bustle Skirt and a few others...

I have been making a few things for this Christmas season. I first made these.



Then I decide to make a festive skirt for Lucy
 
 
Then I made this for a friends little girls dance recital.

 
I turned out so great I had to make one Lucy could wear year round. It looked like this....
 
 
Then I remembered I was doing Christmas-y things when I ran across some black velvet for $5.98 a yard!! AWESOME and I knew exactly what I wanted it for!! Then I happened to be at Hobby Lobby the next day and found some cute material that could go with the black velvet. It turned out like this...
 
 
More dressy to work as a Christmas Dress, but not too dressy that she couldn't wear it as long as it will fit her. ;) Then I still had more than half of the velvet left for what I originally bought it for in the first place...this

 
Wait for it...
 
 
A Bustle Skirt!! So cute! For some reason I think Charles Dickens when I look at it. Don't know why, but I do!! HERE is the tutorial I used. The only difference I did was add the panel and make the skirt before I added the ruffles. I did that last.
Oh and I also found a great slip/ pettiskirt to go under it. It's a Crinoline slip I bought from pettiskirtsyle.com. It's looks great under all her dresses and definitely gives them that "full" look.
 
 
Until next time.... 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment