Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Tastes of Fall


Can I just say....I LOVE FALL!
I love the look- the leaves changing color, the sound- the leaves crunching beneath my feet, the feel- that slight breeze that lets you know to enjoy it now, because its going to get colder. I even kind of like the rain, I guess you get that when you live in Oregon for a few years!! But most of all, I like the tastes of fall!!
I think that it's because it's getting cooler and so I don't mind using my oven, and I kind of crave more hearty meals too! Plus with all the holidays coming up, I get to do fun food, and Holiday themed desserts. So today I thought I would share a recipe for....

my FAVORITE fall dessert.

Apple Crisp

4 medium tart apples, sliced
¾ c. packed brown sugar

½ c. flour

½ c. old fashioned oats

1/3 c. butter or margarine, softened

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. ground nutmeg

Ice cream (I prefer Vanilla Bean YUM!) 

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 8-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients, except ice cream, until well mixed; sprinkle over apples. Bake 30 minutes until golden brown.

I have done this recipe using pears and a caramel glaze, raspberries, I bet it would even be good with peaches. Basically whatever fruit you have laying around! I hope you like it as much as I do!! Enjoy!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment