Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A 4-in-1 Craft

I know everyone has seen these cute 4-in-1 craft blocks everywhere. I just did them bigger!!

K. First of all I never plan to use or show things until I'm already started, or half way through a project. So just pretend I have pictures of the beginning...

Here would be a picture of my supplies, 3 - 4"X4" blocks cut to 13", 11", and 9" long. Paper (12x12) to coordinate with the holidays you choose, 4 holidays, 3 patterns per holiday. I did Valentines, St. Patricks, Easter, and July 4th. (Tip: I used some pages that were double-sided so I didn't need as many pages.) Oh and don't forget the modge podge and...

 
...finally your vinyl words. I have a super sweet neighbor who cut my vinyl for me, but you can also go old school and cut it yourself. Using word, or corel figure out your words, and your font. Make them the size you want them. Mine were 2 1/2" tall and 6 1/2" for small block, 8 1/2" for medium block, and 10 1/2" for the large block. Then reverse the image and print. Trace it on the back side of your vinyl, and cut out each letter.
 
The words I used were...
Love                 Lucky               Eggs               Freedom
XOXOXO       Shamrock          Bunny              Fireworks
be mine            Pinch me       Hippity Hop      stars and stripes
 
 
K. Next paint your blocks the color of your choice. I choose white. Make sure you paint the ends too, since they will show. While the paint is drying cut your paper to size. I cut mine 3"x12" for the large block, 3"x 10 1/2" for the medium block, and 3"x8 1/2" for the small block.

 
Then modge podge the paper on. (tip: Modge podge the back of the paper, then place on the wood getting all the wrinkles out. Let dry, then apply modge podge on top of the paper. Let dry again.) Here's the blocks after the paper has been modge podged on.
 
And finally add your words.

 
July 4th
 
 
Valentine's

 
St. Patrick's Day

 
Easter
 
I know I am not the most crafty person, but I think they turned out pretty good, and I really like them. It was a simple project but I am able to use it for some of the holidays that I don't have lot of decorations for. In my book it's a win!!
 
 
Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I haven't checked in for awhile but glad I did. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete