Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Holiday Clothes

So maybe its just me, which it probably is, but I love making Lucy a little holiday outfit each month. Whether its revamping an old shirt or making her a new skirt, I love it!! And I try to make them so that she can wear them more than just at that holiday too!
 
 
At Christmas I made her this skirt with some left over holiday fabric from a different project. (I do admit this is kind of more of a seasonal one, but I already had the fabric. :)) 

 
For Valentines, I took one of her T-shirts that had a huge purple stain on it, and I just couldn't get it out. I simply added a giant heart. The cupcake skirt fabric we found on clearance. Together they are more Valentines-y, but if you separate the skirt and shirt I think she can where them year round. :)
 

 
Which brings me to St. Patrick's day. She already had the skirt I made a while back, I just took one of her plain white shirts and added a 4-leaf clover. And (BONUS) the clover is still low enough that she can wear it under a jumper and not have it show.  Oh and once again, if you separate them I think they can be worn year round, like add the skirt to her apple shirt a made a while back....
 
 
See, it doesn't scream St. Patrick's day!!
 
 
Oh I just wanted to give you a quick tip.... when you are making something and can't find thread to match well, the rule of thumb (I was always taught) is if it's a darker color, go with a darker thread, if it's a lighter color, go with a lighter thread. Or you can always accent with another color from the outfit, like I did. I used the darker green from the skirt to outline the clover. Well, that's about it!!
 
 
Until next time.....




1 comment:

  1. What a cute ST. Patricks day outfit..... though your posts always make me wish 1. I had a girl, and 2. I could sew!

    ReplyDelete