Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Decor

As the weather here continues to be cold, I find myself wanting to become a hermit and just stay inside. And as I take a good look at my home, I see a GREAT lack of Thanksgiving decorations in comparison to my Halloween and Christmas ones.


Let's face it, at most major retailers, it's Christmas. Now some boutiques and craft stores do have a small selection of Thanksgiving decor, but they are just so expensive!! As a solution to both problems, I decided that I would do some activities with my kids, and by myself, to make some Thanksgiving items. Now I am not, or do I ever claim to be super cutesy and crafty, but this is what I came up with a couple of years ago.....

And because I love it when things can serve 2 functions, I did this for the back...




We haven't gotten anything new done this year, due to my sewing projects I am working on...I'll post those later, but I have great intention's!!

Like these from Martha Stewart...



We will definitely be trying this from Family Fun!!
I'll post pictures when they are done.

I hope that you can look into trying some of these fun ideas, or doing some of your own, because spending time with our family's and remembering why we are so grateful to have them is what Thanksgiving is all about!!


1 comment: